AAP Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  2023-24 National Board Nominations - Closes Monday, April 24, 2023

Posted 04-20-2023 23:13
    Hello Members, it is great to see so many members connecting with one another and sharing learnings on our Community Page. This is a great interactive tool for everyone to take advantage of.

As your National Director-President for the 2022-23 term I wanted to reach out and thank you for your support and also remind everyone the deadline for the 2023-23 National Board nominations closes on Monday, April 24, 2023. The National Director-Secretary and National Director-Marketing are two critical positions that would be great for anyone who has strong technical skills, good understanding of Google and/or Microsoft Office, as well as, marketing experience for the Marketing Director position to join our amazing team.

I have been volunteering for AAP for over 25 years and I have enjoyed every moment. Being a part of the National Board and Branch Executive Committee opens up so many more personal and professional opportunities to Learn, Grow, and Thrive! Feel free to reach out to myself or any of the  National Board members if you have any questions about the National Board Director positions.

For me personally volunteering for AAP has allowed me to form lifelong friendships, network with members throughout Canada, and enhance my leadership skills. I would love to hear from members who have volunteered on the National Board or a Branch Executive Committee what was one thing you enjoyed the most about being a part of the National Board and Executive Committee. 

Thank you to our amazing group of AAP volunteers for continuing to move our Association forward!

------------------------------
    Chrisy Burton, CCAP
    National Director- President
    Association of Administrative Professionals
    E | aap.national.president@canadianadmin.ca

• 2.  RE: 2023-24 National Board Nominations - Closes Monday, April 24, 2023

Posted 04-21-2023 08:41

I couldn't agree more with ALL that Chrisy has said.  I've been a member of AAP since 2007, and have pretty much volunteered in some capacity at the branch level and National level ever since as well.  The experience of volunteering with the AAP really has made a remarkable difference in my career and professional development.

One of my favorite things about serving at a branch level and a National level is the opportunity to really share, interact, laugh, cry, celebrate and LEARN with and from the members in our amazing Association.  We've collectively shared both downs, and some absolutely amazing ups.  I too count so many that I've met through the AAP as lifelong friends, and the networking with members across Canada and beyond is simply great!

Heather Gronek
    Virtual Executive and Personal Assistant
    Gronek Virtual

• 3.  RE: 2023-24 National Board Nominations - Closes Monday, April 24, 2023

Posted 04-21-2023 10:51

Thank you Heather for sharing and most of all for all of your support!

Chrisy Burton, CCAP
    National Director- President
    Association of Administrative Professionals
    E | aap.national.president@canadianadmin.ca