AAP Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 10-05-2022 08:47
    I just received "The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant".   

Are there any other EA books out there worth purchasing?  Just looking to expand my knowledge and scope of what I read and take in.

Thanks!

tlj

------------------------------
    Terry Lynn Jones
    Executive Assistant
    City of Moncton

• 2.  RE: EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 10-05-2022 11:57
    I just started Jeremy's book as well!

Other EA related books I loved. There's one written by Jan Jones, "The CEO's Secret Weapon" <-- really enjoyed that one
    Debbie Gross has "The Office Rockstar Playbook".

Jan quotes Debbie in her book and that's how I got turned on to Debbie Gross' book/follow on LinkedIn.

"Jewel in the Leader's Crown" by Ruth Mead is also good.

Cynthia Benedict
    Executive Assistant
    ServiceMaster of Fraser Valley
    778-242-0439

• 3.  RE: EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 10-05-2022 19:18
    Thank you for the info!  That is great.  I'll try them. 

:) 

--

Terry Lynn Jones
    tljones292019@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 10-06-2022 10:09
    Thanks for great reading recommendations. I have the Leader Assistant, need to carve out time for it. Either personally or on my work calendar. Some great other books to try.

Enjoy your day and Happy Thanksgiving!

Tammie Best
    Senior Executive Assistant
    Canada Hibernia Holding Corporation

• 5.  RE: EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 03-22-2023 15:16
    Edited by Adrienne Tait 03-22-2023 15:18

I have read a few but my favourite is "The Founder and The Force Multiplier" by Adam Hergenrother and Halliee Warner.  

Adrienne Tait
    Executive Assistant to CAO, Mayor and Council
    Town of Edson

• 6.  RE: EA books? Buying - The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant

Posted 03-23-2023 09:11

Not all specific to the EA profession, but books by Bonnie Low-Kramen have been favorites of mine.  I'm currently reading her newest 'Staff Matters' though she does have other assistant specific books.  She is the founder of Be The Ultimate Assistant workshops, of which I've personally attended and found very valuable.  I'm also fond of the resources from Office Dynamics and Joan Burge.

Heather Gronek
    Virtual Executive and Personal Assistant
    Gronek Virtual