AAP Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  HR Filing

Posted 04-12-2023 16:04

I work for a Family Health Team and I was asked by our Clinical Lead on how to better manage her HR Files.   She currently has three files for each staff that include Performance Evaluations, Contracts, Signed Policies, Professional Licence and insurance, PD Certificates, resume, payroll forms (cancelled cheques), emergency contact information, etc.  Can anyone give me some insight on how to better manage these files (there's a lot of paper).   I know there are HR portals that you can sign up for and use but that is not within our budget.  It came to light recently when she was collecting some information that it was not readily available and hard to find.   We have decided that the PD certificates can be saved electronically (and that will eliminate a lot of paper).   Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

------------------------------
    Betsy Rouw
    Administrative Assistant
    Haldimand Family Health Team

• 2.  RE: HR Filing

Posted 04-13-2023 10:38

Hi Betsy. The simplest way to organize these records is to use a Classification Folder, preferably one with six sections (two dividers). I am the EA for a director of operations and we manage 21 departments, she is involved in six major community building projects, and we work collaboratively with 11 corporations. This method is how I manage all of that information and keep her organized, in terms of staff and manager HR and projects. Miigwetch and have a super awesome day

M Shannon Manitowabi
    Assistant to Director of Operations
    Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve

• 3.  RE: HR Filing

Posted 04-13-2023 15:22

Hi Betsy,
    I previously was the EA at the Barrie and Community Family Health Team.  When I saw your message today, I emailed my old colleague and asked her if she could help you.  She doesn't know how much help she can be, but she said I could share her email with you and you can contact her.  Her name is Stephanie Moyo and her email is smoyo@bcfht.ca

Good Luck

Sharon Crowe
    Board Liaison and Executive Assistant
    Stevenson Memorial Hospital