AAP Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Networking

Posted 01-31-2023 11:42
    Hello Members, 

I would like to do some networking on here. I am looking for full time employment. I live in Saskatoon. If anyone knows of a good company to work for, please send me a message. 

Does anyone know of a free resume service. I know we have access to Resume Target, I am looking for someone to review my current resume and give feedback. 

Thank you

Judi

------------------------------
    Judi Cebry
    Administrative Coordinator
    Spinal Cord Injury Saskatchewan

• 2.  RE: Networking

Posted 02-15-2023 16:34

Hi Judi,

Are you looking for template programs or services to help? / Did you find what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Caitlyn

Caitlyn Hamblin
    Executive Assistant
    Lindsay Construction

• 3.  RE: Networking

Posted 02-15-2023 17:31

Hi Caitlyn, 

No I did not find what I was looking for. I am looking for someone to review my current resume and suggest changes. This service

has to be free, as I am unemployed.

Thank you

Judi

Judi Cebry
    Administrative Coordinator
    Spinal Cord Injury Saskatchewan

• 4.  RE: Networking

Posted 02-16-2023 18:44

Hi Judi,

I'm very fortunate that I've been with my company for 10 years now so I haven't applied for a job in quite a while so I'm not sure I'd be the best person to offer advice on specific changes on your resume.

I did want to share that at January's Calgary Branch meeting, I hosted a panel of 3 recuitment professionals about trends they are seeing in the administrative field, what (in their experience) employers are looking for, skills that are in high demand, ways to make your resume stand out, etc. 

Calgary Branch is partnered with Agilus Work Solutions and Executive Solutions. One of the services they provide is a resume review. I'm wondering if you could reach out to a recruiter in your area that would offer the same and some perhaps have the inside scoop on some great jobs where you live.

Best of luck!

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Falkenberg
    Senior Executive Assistant
    TriWest Capital Partners