AAP Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  What have been the best means to help you in your professional development?

Posted 10-05-2022 09:35
    What are your thoughts on your own professional development?

What has helped you the most in your career?

* Active participation in your Branch or at the National level?
    * Learning through podcasts and webinars?
    * Obtaining the CCAP designation?
    * Networking with fellow Admins?
    * Other?

TLJ

------------------------------
    Terry Lynn Jones
    Executive Assistant
    City of Moncton

• 2.  RE: What have been the best means to help you in your professional development?

Posted 10-07-2022 14:08
    My personal development is included in my annual performance review with my employer and my boss is always encouraging me to explore new educational opportunities. I was able to obtain a Certificate in Business Management from Dalhousie via my employer's professional development fund, and I also have access to industry-specific training programs through a national training program. I have enjoyed the webinars that AAP National has provided, specifically the ones focused on systems and technology. I also find networking to be a good educational tool, and recently joined a networking group with other EA's across Canada who support CEO's who sit on a specific Board.

Caroline Dickie
    Executive Assistant
    East Coast Credit Union
    902-830-0513

• 3.  RE: What have been the best means to help you in your professional development?

Posted 10-07-2022 16:36
    Thank you Caroline! 

What a great opportunity your employer provides and congratulations on your personal growth.

I believe there is always opportunities if we keep our eyes and options open.

• 4.  RE: What have been the best means to help you in your professional development?

Posted 10-11-2022 11:12
    Hi Caroline,

I'd be interested in how you found the networking group for EA's supporting CEO's. You can reach out to me privately if you prefer.

Thank you
    Tammie

Tammie Best
    Senior Executive Assistant
    Canada Hibernia Holding Corporation
    best@canadahibernia.com